How long does it take to learn to ride? What If I have never been on a Segway before?
No problem, it is easy and fast to learn. Right before the tour our staff will give you an appropriate training how to ride. You’ll feel completely comfortable within a couple of minutes.
What is a Segway / Personal Transporter / Self Balance Scooter?
Segway is a two-wheeled vehicle that moves based on your balance and body movements. It’s safe, easy and a lot of fun! And it is a perfect sightseeing tour choice for visiting Budapest.
Who can take a Segway tour?
Our Segway guided tours in Budapest are perfect for adults and kids also - for families, couples or a group of friends, . Participants must be at least 110cm in height. The minimum age is around 10, but under 18, the age of years old, minors must be accompanied by an adult. More important, that the minimum weight, is about 35 kg and the weight limit is around 110kg. Pregnant women are not allowed to participate on our tours.
How to ride a Segway? What shoul I keep in mind?
- After holding the handlebar, step up on a Segway and stand straight up as you would normally do on the ground.
- If you stand up straight the Segway stays in the place.
- If you lean forward with your body, you will start rolling forward.
- If you lean back you will go back.
- Before turning is safer if you slow down.
- Watch out for any holes, curbs and anything you can bump into. Especially do not get too close to another Segway.
- Always ride smoothly and carefully and you will enjoy a fun and safe ride.
Can I rent a Segway without a guide?
Is not allowed just rent Segways and take a tour of Budapest on your own. Thank you for your understanding. Because of safety reasons, we only offer Segway Tours, with an expert guide.
From where starts the SEGnROLL Segway Tour?
Normally the tours starts from our shop which is the meeting point also.
The address is:
1052, Budapest, Fehérhajó st 8-10
Only 50m walk from the Deak sq. Mc'Donald's by the entrance of ORCO Car Park. Hi-bike Rental, is the same store.
What time do I need to get there for my tour?
Please to arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled time, in order to complete the necessary paperwork.
What languages are the tours offered?
Usually, English, German. But can be organized on other language also. Please contact us before the tour, for any unique needs.
How many participants can be in one group?
Normally, 8 + the tour guide.
What do we need to wear?
Wearing enclosed shoes is strongly recomended. We provide You with a protective helmet. For the rest feel free to have anything comfortable.
Are tours cancelled in case of rain?
Normally it depend on the weather. In case of a short summer rain we do the tour, and we can provide you with a rainjacket. In case of a heavy rain we cancel the tour and find a new date/time to organize it.
Am I allowed to take pictures during the tour?
Sure! Why not? There are short stops along the route when you’ll have time to take your pictures. Also we can take pictures of you all.
How need i pay for the selected tour?
In case of booikng on site, You would need to pay the 20% of the total amount in advance, by card.
The rest, the 80% of the total will be charged at the store after the segway tour.
At store you can pay by card or cash.
What if i cannot participate on the tour, I booked before?
Please contact us as soon as you can.
- We will try to find you another date/time to let you have the tour.
- In case you become unable to participate on the tour and you inform us before the 72hrs before, we will transfer you back the amount of the deposit/ booking amount (minus the bank transfer fees).
- In case you become unable to participate on the tour and you only inform us within the last 72hrs before the tour, regretly we cannot transfer you back the 20% deposit/booking amount.